Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Assignment 5: My favourite subject

One of my favourite subject this term is Social Theory III. The name of my teacher is Omar Aguilar. He is a very good teacher and he also teaches the same subject at the Alberto Hurtado’s University, which has a good reputation in the social sciences here in Chile.

It’s easy for me to study this subject because, as I see it, the
ideas that we discuss there are very helpfull to understand our contemporary society, which is our study’s object and that puts me in a enthusiastic way at the moment of discussion. That’s why I dedicate most of my time to read Social Theory III books instead of giving more time to other subjects.


Although this semester is not over yet, I’ve learnt some things. For example, at the moment of investigation, we should not only observ the social condicions that determine social phenomena like people’s taste or people’s political position, but also observ social condicions that determine our own way, as investigators, of study our reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment